Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Before I Was A Mom

Before I was a Mom when I was sick I stayed home and slept
Before I was a Mom when I wanted to go somewhere I just got up and went
Before I was a Mom I never carried Cheerios in my purse
Before I was a Mom I never considered myself much of a nurse
Before I was a Mom I never said "Just Because"
Before I was a Mom I didn't seem to have as many flaws
Before I was a Mom I never made up a song about a potty
Before I was a Mom I I sure had a better body
Before I was a Mom I knew exactly how I would be
Before I was a Mom I thought "That will never happen to me."
Before I was a Mom I was convinced my children would behave in the store
Before I was a Mom I was sure I would always have a clean floor
Before I was a Mom I rolled my eyes at screaming kids
Before I was a Mom I never owned a million cups with lids
Before I was a Mom I was sure my kids would behave
Before I was a Mom I never thought I would forget to shave
Before I was a Mom I never knew how much fear I could feel
Before I was a Mom I always had a hot meal
Before I was a Mom I didn't know what selfless meant
Before I was a Mom I didn't watch every cent
Before I was a Mom I never sat in a waiting room crying ~~~~~~~>
Before I was a Mom I never knew how much on others I would be relying
Before I was a Mom I never said "Get your finger out of there!"
Before I was a Mom I spent much less time on my knees in prayer ~~~~>
Before I was a Mom I'm not sure I knew how to love
Before I was a Mom I didn't have my sights on things above
Before I was a Mom I didn't have a clue
I how much I could love a little person like you.







No comments:

Slide Show