Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Nap

It is 1:30 in the afternoon and all through the house not a creature is stiring not even a mouse.
The dishes are piled up high in the sink with hopes that the water will soon unfreeze
My children are nessled all snug in their beds while visions of playgrounds dance through their heads.
With Sean off at work, and me on the blog the house was so quiet except for that darn dog
When from my room their arose such a clatter I ran from the computer to see what was the matter
Away from my blog I flew like lightening riped open my door and what I saw was frightening
What to my wondering eyes did appear, why everything I owned on the floor all smeared
My jewlery, my clothes, my shoes glaore
Sean's books, my sheets, my perfume and MORE
She'd taken the liberty of getting my stuff
I thought she was asleep but she got UP
And oh what a time, what a wonderful time she did have
Tearing my room apart without remorse
Throwing my life completly off course
The lamp had a monkey growing out of his head
There was lotion and perfume poured all over our bed
Her sweet little face all covered in lipstick
I was so mad I almost got real sick
I turned around closed the door behind me
A little voice said "Mommy are you mad at me?"
Mad? No my dear, mad isn't the word.
I've never seen anything quite so absurd.
A spanking she got and then back to bed
Now a prayer that no more destruction thoughts get in her head ;-)

3 comments:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Ahhh...reminds me of the great chocolate mozzarella incident of 2006. Remember that one? Cute blog!

Keri Speidel said...

Better than poop footprints this morning!!!! We had a blast this morning, thanks so much!

Dawn said...

Chelsey, how funny, and I am very impressed with your creativity

Slide Show