Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh the snot, how I hate the snot!

She's chunky, She's funky, She's a snot monkey!


Nora can not breath except for out of her mouth, this would not be a problem except for the fact that she can not sleep without her thumb in her mouth. Do you see the problem? So either she doesn't breath, which obviously poses a serious problem for her, or she doesn't sleep which poses a serious problem for me....guess what she choose. So our night went a little like this:

10:00pm Chelsey goes to bed
10:30 Nora wakes up
10:50 After 20 minuets
of listening to her cry Chelsey gets up
11:30 Nora goes back to sleep
12:25 Leah wakes up, just because she doesn't want to be the only one in the
house to get a good nights sleep, so she screams until I came to her bed only to
go right back to sleep.
3:00 Nora is up again!!
3:42 After 42 minuets of
listening to her scream Chelsey gets up
4:30 Nora goes back to bed, only to
scream until 5:30 the whole time I am awake listening to her.
5:00 Sean's
alarm clock goes off full blast!
5:10 The alarm goes off again, at this time
I scream at him to get up and turn it off...what a way to start the day.
At
7:00 The phone rings
After talking on the phone I get out of bed at 7:15
7:30 Hooray for breakfast time, both kids are up as though they slept with
out a problem, bright eyed and snot nosed anxiously awaiting a new day.
9:00
I put Nora down for her morning nap
10:00 She is still screaming up in her
bed.


Now I don't know this for sure, but I feel that I just might completely lose my mind today, we'll have to wait and see.


In other news: We have about 5,648 billion toys in this house, but when we have friends over there is one toy, the toy of all toys. A beautiful plastic red train that cost $17.99 at Walmart. This toy is the cause, beginning and end of every fight in this house. I am about two seconds from taking it to Good Will to bless/curse some other family with this magnificent train.

Just another day in the life.

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

You'll make it!!!! I'm sorry if we passed our boogies to you! Try lots of saline, a humidifier and baby vix! The booger sucker works wonders too! Hang in there, I'm praying for you :)

Slide Show